Remove 12 19 the-future-of-digital-education
article thumbnail

From Likes to Learning: Enhancing Classroom Culture through Social Media Engagement   

Faculty Focus

Particularly interesting is the notable increase in social media interaction among everyone, including undergraduate students, during the COVID-19 pandemic, as documented in a March 2021 Vox article. Enhancing academic community through social media Research highlights the crucial role of community in academic success (Major, 2022).

Academia 113
article thumbnail

Key Facts and Figures about the Graduate Technical workforce

HEPI

The TALENT Commission report was published in 2022. HEPI is running a series of blogs with Midlands Innovation championing the role of technicians in higher education and research. HEPI is running a series of blogs with Midlands Innovation championing the role of technicians in higher education and research.

university leaders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Modern Student Experience Diagnostic for Community Colleges

EAB

In higher education, the student experience continues to become more synonymous with the consumer experience. Are there specific barriers in your digital onboarding process that are keeping students from matriculating? Source: EAB Business Transformation Survey, 2021]. -->. Assess your Student Experience across Six Domains.

article thumbnail

Faculty Focus

article thumbnail

Students see a prominent role for video in education (opinion)

Inside Higher Ed

Since the onset of the pandemic, there has been a 19 percent increase in overall use of learning technologies. In particular, more than two-thirds of faculty members have expressed increasing acceptance toward the use of digital course materials through the experience of teaching during the pandemic. of remote learning.

article thumbnail

Three Ways to Make Distance Learning Actually Work

WCET Frontiers

Today’s blog emphasizes the need to continue iterating on how digital learning works and how we can leverage technology to deliver successful outcomes for learners. Thank you to Katie Brown, founder of EnGen, for this look at the shift to remote learning and building upon the shift to provide high-quality digital learning.

article thumbnail

Micro-internship gives students experience without barriers

Inside Higher Ed

An August 2022 Student Voice survey conducted by Inside Higher Ed and College Pulse found that first-generation students were likely to lack any internship experience or experiential learning within a course: half of all first-gen students and two-thirds of first-gen community college students had not had these experiences.

Students 111